Raspberry Streusel Bars
If you love fruits and dessert, then this recipe is for you! It stays fresh for 5 days in the fridge, so you're setting yourself up for the week.
Go ahead, prep your ingredients and get started!
· ½ cup lightly salted melted butter
· ¼ cup sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 cup of all-purpose flour
· Raspberry jam
· Raspberries (frozen or fresh)
· ½ cup regular instant oats
· ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
· ¼ cup brown sugar
· ¼ cup all-purpose flour
· ¼ cup cold, cubed butter
Pre-heat oven to 150°c !!
1. Combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Gradually add flour and mix until well combined.
2. Press the mixture into the pan so you have a nice rectangular/square crust.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. While the crust is baking, use a food processor to combine oats, sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Add cubed butter bit by bit and mix until it resembles crumbs.
If you don’t have a food processor – whisk together oats, sugar, cinnamon, and flour and cut in the butter using a fork.
5. Remove crust from oven.
6. Increase temperature to 175°c !!
7. Spread jam on crust and add the raspberries on top.
8. Sprinkle streusel over the filling.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
You might be tempted to try your dessert now but wait! It will taste much better after its chilled.
10. Cool at room temperature for around 20 minutes.
11. Chill it in the fridge for 2 hours, or even better, overnight. I know that seems like a lot of time to wait but trust us it is worth it!